WHAT ARE COOKIES? Cookies are small text files sent by the site to the user’s terminal (usually the browser). They are stored there and are then re-transmitted to the site on subsequent visits by the same user. A cookie cannot retrieve any other data from the user’s hard drive, pass on computer viruses, or capture email addresses. Each cookie is unique to the user’s web browser. Some cookie functions can be performed by other technologies. In this document, the term ‘cookie’ refers both to cookies in the strict sense and to all similar technologies.
Cookies allow information to be recorded about your preferences, such as the pages you visit, the files you download from our site, or other similar actions performed whilst browsing our site.
FIRST- OR THIRD-PARTY COOKIES Cookies can be first- or third-party, where “first-party” refers to cookies developed by the site Owner, while “third party” refers to cookies developed by Parties other than the site Owner.
NATURE OF COOKIES Depending on their nature, there are different types of cookies:
Technical cookies Technical cookies are those used exclusively for the purpose of “carrying out the transmission of a communication on an electronic communications network, or insofar as this is strictly necessary to the provider of an information society service that has been explicitly requested by the contracting party or user to provide said service” (cf. art. 122, para. 1 of the Italian Civil Code).
They are not used for other purposes and are normally installed directly by the owner or operator of the web site. They can be categorised as:
– Navigation or session cookies, which guarantee the normal navigation and use of the website (for example, enabling purchases or authentication to access restricted areas). These are necessary for the operation of the site;
– Analytical cookies, similar to technical cookies insofar as they are used directly by the site operator to collect aggregate information on the number of users and their browsing patterns to improve the performance of the site;
– Functional cookies, which enable the user to navigate based on a set of selected criteria (for example, language, products selected for purchase), in order to improve the service rendered. The installation of these cookies does not require the prior consent of the users (for more information, see “Managing cookies” below).
Profiling cookies Profiling cookies are aimed at creating profiles related to the user and are employed to send advertising messages tailored to the preferences expressed by the user whilst browsing.
Profiling cookies require the consent of the data subject. According to the Decision no. 229 of 8 May 2014, users must be able to give or withhold their consent to the installation of profiling cookies, if any.
In the case of third-party cookies, the site does control individual cookies directly and cannot manage them (it cannot install them directly or delete them). However, you can still manage these cookies through your browser settings (please follow the instructions below), or the sites listed in the “Managing cookies” section.
Users are therefore invited to check the third-party website below.
COOKIES INSTALLED ON THIS SITE Below is a list of cookies on this site
|Cookie name||Purposes||First- or Third-party||Web reference|
|Google Analytics||Technical/Analytical||First party|
|Facebook Social Plugins||Technical/Analytical||Third party|
COOKIE DURATION Cookie duration depends on the expiry date (or on a specific action such as closing the browser) set at the time of installation. Cookies can be:
· temporary or session-based (session cookies): they are used to store temporary information, they link the actions performed during a navigation session, and are removed from the computer when the browser is closed;
· permanent (persistent cookies): they are used to store information, such as login details, to avoid the user having to type them each time they visit a specific site. These remain stored in the computer even after the browser is closed.
The so-called session cookies are not retained once the connection to this website is terminated. The computer systems of this website use both temporary and permanent cookies.
MANAGING COOKIES You can disable cookies on websites by downloading special software for your browser, such as Ghostery (https://www.ghostery.com), and disable the use of the individual cookies. Another option is to activate “incognito” or “private” browsing mode – this feature allows you to browse without retaining any navigation data in the browser. This function allows you only to not retain browsing data in the browser.
Alternatively, you can disable/delete cookies by accessing the Settings panel of your browser.
ACCEPTING OR BLOCKING COOKIES